Frequently Asked Questions
1. Did you receive my application materials?
If we receive your application materials, we immediately send an acknowledgement to you letting you know that it was received and what the next steps will be in the process.
2. Was my application forwarded to the department for review?
When your application/resume is received, it is reviewed by Human Resources personnel. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, have properly completed your application materials and no other job-related issues with your application exist, your application is likely to be forwarded. The department manager will then decide which candidates they wish to interview.
3. You’ve received my application materials. Is there any additional information I can provide?
If any additional information is needed that has not been provided in your resume, we will contact you.
4. I would like to set up an interview. How should I go about doing that?
If your application materials indicate that you meet the qualifications for which we are looking, we will contact you to set up an interview.
5. When are they going to start interviewing for the position I applied for?
Since the interviews are scheduled by the department for which the position exists, interviews begin as soon as we are able to coordinate them. There are times when there may be a delay due to department needs and our ability to schedule the interviews.
6. How soon do they need someone to start for the position I applied for?
This depends on the department needs. There are times when there is a need for the position to be filled immediately and other times when the need is not so urgent.
7. Who can I contact to check on the status of my application? I’d like to know where I am in the process.
Due to the large number of applications submitted and the high volume of applicant inquiries we receive regarding the status of their applications, we are unable to give routine updates on the status of applications. Be assured that we will contact each qualified candidate as soon as we can to schedule an interview.
8. How soon can I expect to hear something about the position I applied for?
There are no set timetables or timeframes for reviewing applications, interviewing, and/or filling positions. This process may be lengthy at times. We ask for your patience and cooperation during this time. Our human resources staff and department managers often review many applications for just one position. Some positions are filled within a couple of weeks; others may be open for months. It depends on many factors, such as the number of applicants, the time schedule of the hiring manager, and how busy that department may be at any particular time.
9. The position I applied for is no longer on the posting or website. Has it been filled?
If a position is no longer posted on our website, it is closed.
10. A position I applied for has been filled; will you keep me in mind for other positions I may be qualified for?
We will keep your application on file for 30 days. Please visit our website because it is updated as positions become available. If you see a position for which you are qualified, please submit new application materials.
11. Do I need to take a skills test?
It depends. If the position for which you applied requires a minimum typing speed, attention to detail, or proficiency in various computer software programs, etc., you may be required to take tests.