CME: Orthopedic Update for the Primary Care Provider
This conference will provide healthcare professionals with practical information regarding diagnosis and management of orthopedic and musculoskeletal conditions. At the end of the conference, attendees will be able to:
- Become aware of current advances and modalities for hip and knee replacement.
- Learn appropriate work-up, initial management and subsequent indicators for referral in patients with knee and hip pain
- Integrate best practice algorithms for two of the most common causes of musculoskeletal pain into your practice.
- Learn about cutting edge and cost effective treatment available in your area once initial appropriate treatment has failed.
- Improve your comfort level with management of acute and chronic spinal conditions, as well as make appropriate referrals
- Effective evaluation and ability to propose treatment options for common shoulder conditions and make appropriate referrals.
- Have greater understanding of the mechanism underlying rotator cuff disease and have the ability to facilitate evidence-based strategies to treat rotator cuff impingement.
- Be familiar with the stages of primary and secondary shoulder impingement
Participants attending the Hands on Exam breakout session will be able to perform an effective clinical exam of the upper extremity area, as well as understand anatomy and technique for therapeutic injection for the shoulder and elbow.
Register: Online Registration
Contact Us: 360-514-3105
CME Credit: PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.