Brian Ragel, M.D.
Back, Neck, Neurosurgery/Brain, Spine, Spinal Cord Stimulation
Brian Ragel, M.D., is a board-certified neurosurgeon who specializes in treating disorders of the brain and spine. He has clinical interest in primary brain tumors, metastatic spine disease, and minimally invasive approaches to the spine including spinal cord stimulation.
Dr. Ragel completed his undergraduate degree at Oregon State University and medical school at Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU). He then did a neurosurgical residency at University of Utah Health in Salt Lake City with an enfolded neuro-oncology research fellowship sponsored by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons Neurosurgery Research & Education Foundation (NREF).
Dr. Ragel began his medical career as an officer in the U.S. Air Force, practicing neurosurgery at Travis Air Force Base. Dr. Ragel joined Rebound after several years in practice at OHSU and most recently Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Missouri. He has served on the executive board of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) since 2008 and has over 60 peer-reviewed publications, six book chapters, and one book.
Dr. Ragel offers back, neck, and spine care and neurosurgery. He sees patients at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Salmon Creek and Neurosurgery Vancouver, as well as in Portland at NW Portland and in Beaverton at Rebound Neurosurgery Cedar Hills.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Doctor of Medicine: Oregon Health Science University, Portland, OR
- General Surgery Internship: Oregon Health Science University, Portland, OR
- Neuro-Oncology Research Fellowship: Huntsman Cancer Insitute University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Neurosurgery Residency: University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, UT
- The American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Major, United States Air Force
- Flight Surgeon
- Staff Neurosurgeon
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Top Doctor: 2017, 2019, 2020
Rebound Salmon Creek
Medical Office Building A
2121 Northeast 139th Street, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98686
Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Physiatry: Suite 300
Physical Therapy and Hand Therapy: Suite 325
Rebound Neurosurgery Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98664
Rebound Neurosurgery NW Portland
Medical Office Building 2
1040 Northwest 22nd Avenue, Suite 610
Portland, OR 97210