Douglas S. Musgrave, M.D.
Upper Extremity, Hand & Microvascular Surgery
Dr. Douglas Musgrave is a hand surgeon who specializes in disorders of the hands, wrists, and arms, including carpal tunnel syndrome. He treats both children and adults with congenital, acquired, or trauma-related problems. He is a fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), having earned an additional Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Musgrave has conducted research involving bone regeneration, biomechanics, and clinical results, authoring over 25 articles and chapters. Dr. Musgrave was honored by Portland Monthly magazine as one of Portland’s Top Doctors in hand surgery in 2012, 2016, and 2017.
To learn more about hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, or your particular problem, visit the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) at www.assh.org or the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) at www.aaos.org.
Dr. Musgrave offers consultation for hand and wrist patients at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Vancouver and Salmon Creek.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Doctor of Medicine: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Upper Extremity, Hand & Microvascular Surgery Fellowship: Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Indianapolis, IN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Fellow
- Clark County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Top Doctors: 2012, 2016, 2017
- Vitals On-Time Doctor Award: 2016
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Vitals Top 10 Doctor: 2014
- Top Orthopedic Surgeon, Washington Magazine, 2019
Rebound Orthopedics Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 110
Vancouver, WA 98664
Orthopedics, Physiatry, and Hand Therapy: Suite 110
Neurosurgery: Suite 300
Total Joint Center: Suite 305
Rebound Salmon Creek
Medical Office Building A
2121 Northeast 139th Street, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98686
Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Physiatry: Suite 300
Physical Therapy and Hand Therapy: Suite 325
Dr. Musgrave, Thank you so much for the wonderful work you did on my thumb!
I severed the flexor tendon on my left thumb while I was whitewater kayaking in northern Minnesota in late May, 2014. It was the last rapid, on the last day of an otherwise dream-worthy trip. I was really worried my paddling would be limited due to the fact I couldn't grip my paddle. However, Dr. Musgrave reassured me that I'd still be able to grip a paddle after surgery, and that I'd likely be able to start paddling about 3 months post-op. August 18th was circled on my calender as the date I could return to paddling. Well, after a smooth surgery and some PT, I was cleared to paddle class II-III by mid-July.By the time my target date of August 18th rolled around I was already back to paddling class V by August 18th!!!!!
I just got back from a paddling trip in Nepal, and it's all thanks to Dr. Musgrave making my thumb work properly. If my thumb didn't work there was no way I would have been able to paddle in Nepal. THANK YOU!!!