Matthew McGehee, M.D.
Matthew McGehee, M.D., is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R). Dr. McGehee has subspecialty training in the diagnosis and treatment of spine and musculoskeletal injuries. Originally from Chicago, he trained in PM&R at the University of Michigan, where he served as chief resident. He relocated to Portland to complete a pain medicine fellowship at Oregon Health & Science University, where he was trained in advanced spine interventions.
Dr. McGehee practices patient-centered care with an emphasis on goal setting and gains in function as benchmarks for success. Beginning with a comprehensive evaluation, patients benefit from a multidisciplinary approach: evidence-based treatment, patient education, coordinated rehabilitation, and appropriate interventional procedures. His interests include developing effective nonsurgical treatment plans for the relief of neck and back conditions and musculoskeletal ultrasound, as well as spinal cord stimulation.
He enjoys spending time with his family, playing basketball, coaching youth sports, and theater.
Dr. McGehee sees physical medicine and rehabilitation patients at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery in Vancouver at Vancouver and Salmon Creek, in Portland at Rose Quarter, and in Lake Oswego.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine Internship: Presence Saint Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- Pain Medicine Fellowship: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certificate in Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Fellow
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- Pain Society of Oregon
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Top Doctors: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Vitals Patients' Choice Award: 2020
Rebound Rose Quarter
One North Center Court Street, Suite 110
Portland, OR 97227
100 North Drexler Drive
Portland, OR 97227
Rebound Salmon Creek
Medical Office Building A
2121 Northeast 139th Street, Suite 300
Vancouver, WA 98686
Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Physiatry: Suite 300
Physical Therapy and Hand Therapy: Suite 325
Rebound Lake Oswego
4811 Meadows Road, Suite 101
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Rebound Total Joint Center Vancouver
200 Northeast Mother Joseph Place, Suite 305
Vancouver, WA 98664