REBOUND ORTHOPEDICS & NEUROSURGERY REBOUND & RIP OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Promotion is open to persons 18 years of age or older at time of entry who reside within the state of Oregon and Washington, except employees (former and current), agents, successors and assignees of Trail Blazers Inc., Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery, the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the family members of, agents, successors, or assigns of, and any persons domiciled with, such persons are not eligible for entry. The following are also not eligible to enter: (a) current or former professional or semi-professional basketball players or coaches; (b) current or former high school or collegiate basketball players or coaches who have played or coached at that level anywhere in the world within the past five (5) years (includes freshmen, junior varsity and varsity).
In the event of a dispute, all electronic entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the electronic account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an electronic account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning electronic addresses for the domain associated with such electronic account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an electronic account shall be determined by Sponsor in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event any aspect of the Promotion is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion.
4. PRIZE: During the season, all offensive and defensive rebounds will be accumulated and multiplied by $13.40 to a grand prize no greater than $50,000. One (1) entrant (contestant winner) from all eligible entries will be selected along with two (2) alternates on April 13th, 2020. Odds of being chosen as a potential contestant for the Promotion depends on the number of eligible entries up to the date of each random drawing. The contest winner and both alternate contestants will receive two (2) tickets to attend the last Trail Blazers home game at which their respective contest attempt will take place (exact seat location to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion at time of award). Total approximate retail value of the prize is $200.00 (exact value may vary based on the then-current market rate for the respective game and seat location). Transportation, parking, food, beverages and all other incidental expenses associated with acceptance and use of such prize and participation as a contestant are not included and will be the sole responsibility of contestant and/or his/her guest, as applicable. No contestant shall be permitted any practice, warm up or qualifying shots at any time after his/her notification of participation in the contest. The confirmed contestant may not choose another person to participate on his/her behalf in the contest attempt. During the game for which the contestant has been chosen to participate in the contest, contestant will have one (1) attempt to complete the contest in compliance with the provisions of these Official Rules to win the cash prize.
5. CONTESTANT/WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE. The contest winner and alternates will be notified within thirty-six (36) hours before the start of the game. In the event contact with the chosen contestant is not confirmed within a two (2) hour time period, or if contestant declines to participate as a contestant, another contestant will be randomly chosen. If a contestant who is chosen to receive game tickets is disqualified, a new contestant will be selected in a random drawing. The contestant may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Each contestant is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any federal, state, local, and municipal taxes on any prize and for payment of all expenses associated with the Promotion other than game tickets, such as, but not limited to, parking. The contestant chosen to participate will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) before attempting the contest. Each contestant will also be required to complete the “Contestant Agreement to Participate” provided by Sponsor’s prize indemnifier before attempting the contest. Failure to sign and return the affidavit, release or the Contestant Agreement to Participate, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes the contestant’s consent to the publication, dissemination and use of his or her name, photograph, image, likeness and voice by Sponsor, Trail Blazers, Inc., their designees, the NBA and its Member Teams, and/or NBA Properties, Inc., in any media at any time for any purpose without any additional compensation to, permission from or inspection by such contestant. If any contestant wins the contest, such contestant agrees to execute all necessary and requested documents, including without limitation the “Winner’s Affidavit and Release”, as requested by Sponsor and Sponsor’s prize indemnifier and agree to provide a copy of a government issued identification card containing a photo of the contestant/winner.
6. PARTICIPATION. By participating in the Promotion, including acceptance and/or use of any prize, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Guest of a contestant will not have any independent rights to prize or any portion thereof and such guest must accompany contestant at all times during use of the prize. Any guest of a contestant who is not 18 years of age on the date of the respective game shall require that contestant be the parent/legal guardian of such minor guest, unless prior written consent of such minor guest’s parent/legal guardian has been obtained by contestant. Each contestant and his/her guest agree to abide by all rules and policies of the NBA and the Moda Center. Sponsor and management personnel of the Moda Center reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any contestant and/or his/her guest if any such person violates any policy, rule or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person during the experience. Solely for purposes of compliance with the terms and conditions provided in these Official Rules and use of a portion of the prize, guest of a contestant will be deemed solely as a participant, regardless of whether such guest submitted an official entry, and shall in no manner be considered as a potential contestant.
7. CONTESTANT/WINNER RELEASES. By participating in the Promotion, including acceptance and/or use of any prize, such participant releases Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery, Trail Blazers Inc., Rip City Management LLC, the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties Inc., any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, any claim, cost, injury, loss or damage related to any personal injury, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, right of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By entering the Promotion and accepting any prize, each participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim, judgment or award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each participant hereby waives any and all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant in the Promotion, and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Washington, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Each participant/contestant agrees that should any dispute arise between such contestant and Sponsor’s prize indemnifier, such dispute must be submitted to binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The venue for such arbitration shall be Vancouver, Washington.
10. SPONSOR. The Rebound & Rip $50k Challenge is sponsored by Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery. Sponsor’s decisions regarding the selection of any potential contestant and any other aspect of the Promotion shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for any typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in any other materials relating to the Promotion.
11. QUESTIONS; CONTESTANTS/WINNERS. If you have any questions or to request a list of contestants/winners (available after April 15, 2020), send your request postage prepaid, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Rebound & Rip Challenge,” 200 NE Mother Joseph Place, Ste. 210, Vancouver, WA 98664. All requests must be received by April 30th, 2020.