When a tissue such as muscle, tendon, ligament, or cartilage is injured, the body attempts to heal the injury through its own repair mechanisms. However, in certain situations, the body is unable to heal the injury adequately or even at all. This may lead to ongoing pain, weakness, disability, swelling, catching, or locking of a joint.
In the world of regenerative medicine, we attempt to augment the natural healing process to heal or even grow back the damaged tissue. Using concentrated dextrose or the body's own stem cells or blood cells, regenerative injection therapies stimulate natural healing and regrowth to alleviate pain to help you maintain your healthy, active lifestyle.
This may be beneficial for many orthopedic injuries and conditions, including:
- Arthritis of the knee, hip, shoulder, or ankle
- Articular cartilage injuries and defects
- Ligament injuries, such as ACL sprains, UCL tears, and MCL tears
- Meniscal tears and labral tears
- Muscle injuries, including strains and tears
- Tendinopathies and tendon tears, including the rotator cuff, patellar tendon, Achilles tendon, golfer's elbow, and tennis elbow
To learn more about regenerative medicine offered at Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery or to schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-REBOUND.